Endgame Investing Roundtable |12th May | 3:00pm-6:00pm
This roundtable event discussing Endgame Investing will take place at Accountants’ Hall, 1 Moorgate Place on May 12th at 3:00pm.
The roundtable will look at how defined benefit schemes are preparing for their endgame, whether that is through buy-in, buyout, consolidation or self-sufficiency. Look out for the roundtable supplement published with our July issue.
Please register your interest in attending future roundtable and networking events by clicking the button below.
Alan Pickering, President, BESTrustees
Charlotte Quarmby, Associate Partner, Aon
Colin Cartwright, Partner, Aon
Elizabeth Hartree, Director, LawDeb
Jo Myerson, Trustee Director, Ross Trustees
Lucy Barron, Partner, Head of Investment Risk Settlement, Aon
Melanie Cusack, Client Director, PTL
Tiziana Perrella, Independent Trustee, Dalriada Trustees
Wayne Phelan, Chief Executive Officer, Punter Southall Governance Services
Chair: Mark Dunne, Editor, portfolio institutional
- What types of endgame are defined benefit scheme trustees opting for?
- How are they positioning their portfolios to attract an insurer for risk transfers?
- How is pricing in the risk transfer market?
- What impact are current market challenges, such as rising interest rates and inflation, having on endgame planning?
- What other challenges are schemes facing if they are planning for a risk transfer?
- Where have schemes gone wrong if they fail to attract an insurer?
- In what circumstances are schemes using buy-ins?
- What is needed to attract a consolidator?
- What investment approaches are scheme trustees taking if they have opted for self-sufficiency?
- Given the increasing focus on ESG, how important is it when planning for a risk transfer?
- To what extent are insurers’ ESG policies a factor in insurer selection?
- How do you see the future of endgame strategies?