A global leader in active, responsible investment
Federated Hermes is guided by the conviction that responsible investing is the best way to create long-term wealth.
We provide specialised capabilities across equity, fixed income and private markets, in addition to multi-asset strategies and proven liquidity-management solutions.
Through our world-leading stewardship services, we engage companies on strategic and sustainability concerns to promote investors’ long-term performance and fiduciary interests.
Our goals are to help individuals invest and retire better, to help clients achieve better risk-adjusted returns, and to contribute to positive outcomes in the wider world.
We are the international business of Federated Hermes
All activities previously carried out by Hermes now form the international business of Federated Hermes. Our brand has evolved, but we still provide the same distinct investment propositions, deep integration of responsibility and industry-leading stewardship capabilities for which we are renowned – in addition to important new offerings from the entire group.
Key ESG Facts
Driving the agenda
Believing that investment outperformance should also generate positive outcomes in the world, and that stewardship should evolve to become the core of investment strategies in the 2020s, we have always advocated progressive change in our industry.
- We led the working group that developed the PRI. In 2006, when the principles were launched, we became a founding member.
- We were a founding signatory of the International Corporate Governance Network, and provided input into the Japanese and Malaysian Stewardship Codes.
- As a firm, we are a member of 54 organisations that focus on or support sustainability and investment, and our employees sit on boards or committees that look at these issues at 33 organisations. They include:
- Impact Management Project
- Council of Institutional Investors
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark
- FCA-PRA Climate Financial Risk Forum
- United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change
- International Corporate Governance Network
All our investment capabilities aim to deliver Sustainable Wealth Creation through active, responsible investment and effective stewardship over genuine long-term horizons, promoting intergenerational fairness.
Examples of some of our funds as follows:
- Federated Hermes Impact Opportunities Equity Fund
- Federated Hermes SDG Engagement Equity Fund
- Federated Hermes Global Equity ESG Fund
- Federated Hermes SDG Engagement High Yield Credit Fund
- Federated Hermes Sustainable Global Equity Fund
- Federated Hermes Unconstrained Credit Fund
Strengths in ESG
Responsibility: our past, present and future
Our fiduciary heritage and expertise in responsible investment ensure that our clients’ interests come first and that we support positive change in the wider world.
We believe that investing responsibly is the best way to sustain long-term outperformance and contributes to beneficial outcomes for investors, companies, society and the environment.
The international business of Federated Hermes has long advocated and applied this approach. Since first engaging for stronger UK corporate governance in 1983, to becoming a founding signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment in 2006, to spearheading the global 2017 Climate Action 100+ initiative involving 370 investors with more than $35tn in assets, we have been at the vanguard of a movement that is now redefining the practice of investing. The Federated Hermes group is committed to incorporating ESG considerations as fundamental factors in investment strategies. Through EOS, our specialist stewardship services team with a 15-year track record of effective engagement, we seek to advance best-practice active ownership for the benefit of investors, companies and the world at large.
Latest ESG Content
- EOS engagement plan
- EOS stewardship services
- Responsible ownership principles
- Pricing risk in sovereign credit part 1
- Pricing risk in sovereign credit part 2
- Responsibility Report 2020
150 Cheapside, London EC2V 6ET
T: +44 (0)20 7702 0888