We assess opportunities around reducing the environmental impact of plastic and packaging waste.
- This month has been designated ‘Plastic Free July’ to turn the spotlight on the issue of plastic and packaging pollution.
- It is estimated that around 80% of all marine debris is made up of plastic waste.
- Some 32% of globally produced plastics escape collection, while only 14% of plastic packaging is recycled for future use.
- There is growing evidence that consumers are willing to pay a premium for bioplastics.
- Governments are increasingly implementing regulation to encourage more sustainable solutions for plastic production and disposal.